A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Crockpot Italian Roast

It's not that I've forgotten about this little blog, I've just haven't been cooking the last several weeks. After my seizure (which you can read about HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE), people were bringing me food for almost two weeks. It was great! And we had some great food, but I didn't have recipes for any of them so I didn't post. I'm back in the saddle again posting about a dish my dad made while he was here. Its an old family-favorite I grew up eating. And it's super-easy! Be sure to serve it with whole green beans, too. Not sure why (except they're pretty), but that's what we always ate with this dish. :)

Crockpot Italian Roast:
3-4 lb. rump roast (I normally use a chuck roast because I usually have one in the freezer)
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, drained
1 diced onion
1 (1 1/2 oz.) package spaghetti seasoning
8 oz. tomato sauce
optional: 1/2-1 cup red wine (It makes it really, really good!)
1 lb. egg noodles

Place roast in the crockpot. Pour the rest of the ingredients (except egg noodles) over the top. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. Shred roast with a fork. It should shred very easily. If it doesn't, it's not done. Serve over hot, cooked egg noodles.

Family Rating:
Brad: ****
Jordan: ****
Eli: ****
Phoebe: *****
Overall Family Rating: 17/20

No comments:

Post a Comment