A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches

I do love me a good philly cheesesteak sandwich!  The recipe I found seemed easy enough...and fast, too, since Eli now has baseball practice 2 days a week. I used Worcestershire sauce to moisten my meat and veggies, but next time I think I'll use just a little sauce and beef broth. I wrote the changes in below.

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 onions, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
6 hoagie rolls, split
6-12 slices provolone cheese (We like our cheesesteaks reeeeeeaaallly cheesy!)
a couple of big splashes Worcestershire sauce
1/2-1 cup beef broth

In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and green peppers in butter until tender. Break up the roast beef and stir into vegetables until hot. Moisten with Worcestershire sauce and beef broth, only using a little at a time. Split rolls and toast very lightly in the oven. On each roll, place some of the meat mixture and top with cheese. Toast until cheese is melted.

Adapted from OUR KRAZY KITCHEN

Family Rating:
Brad: ***
Jordan: ****
Eli: *****
Phoebe: ***
Overall Family Rating: 15/20

No comments:

Post a Comment