A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

I cannot tell you how good this is. Be sure to use name brand biscuits because I think the store brand ones have a funny taste to them. But I'm crazy that way.

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
chicken, 1-2 pounds
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans chicken broth
1 1/2 cup water
cut up carrots
celery
about 1 teaspoon of ground thyme (I don’t measure this and I use sparingly because I don’t love thyme.)
lots of ground black pepper
salt
1 package of biscuits

Combine chicken (I just put the frozen, whole chicken breasts in the crock pot), chicken broth, cream of chicken, water, peas, carrots, and your choice of seasonings, such as parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to the Crock Pot and turn it to low (high if you want it to cook faster). Cook on low all day. (I’ve never had the chicken not cook all the way through.)

About 30 minutes before ready to eat, shred the chicken, cut biscuits into quarters, roll into balls and place in the Crock Pot. Stir occasionally. Sometimes it takes the biscuits about an hour to cook. Cover again until ready to eat.

Family Rating:
Brad: ****
Jordan: ****
El: ****
Phoebe: *****
Overall Family Rating: 17/20

No comments:

Post a Comment