A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Penne con Salsiccia

I have no idea where I got this recipe.  Probably from the Internet somewhere.  When I was pregnant with Eli, I craved Italian sausage in links and found this recipe at school one day while I was dreaming about Italian sausage.  I've made a few changes over the years, but it's still yummy!

Penne con Salsiccia
1 lb. Italian sausage links
16 oz. bowtie pasta
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Roasted Garlic...it's my favorite!)
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1/2-1 cup red wine (I don't measure this. I just pour some in.  Maybe 3 or 4 good glugs?)
salt
pepper
sugar
Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese

Broil sausages in the oven on both sides until mostly cooked through. (They can be a little pink in the middle since you'll brown them in a minute.) Slice into pieces.  Boil pasta according to package directions and make sure you add salt. Brown sausages for a bit in a large skillet until they are all cooked through and maybe a little brown.  Deglaze the pan with the red wine.  Add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasoning. Let simmer while the pasta simmers.  Taste and adjust seasonings.  Drain pasta and add to skillet.  Serve with Parmesan cheese.

Family Rating:
Brad: ****
Jordan: *****
Eli: *****
Phoebe: *****
Overall Family Rating: 19/20

No comments:

Post a Comment