A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oven Baked "Fried" Chicken

I know it seems like I haven't posted in for-ev-er, but I haven't been cooking much and if I have, it's been stuff I've already posted. I also know that there are 583 recipes for Oven "Fried" Chicken, but I don't usually try them because they seem all the same. This one was on the Today show a few weeks ago and looked kind of different. I just had to try it!

Oven Baked "Fried" Chicken
1 cup no-fat mayo (I used full-fat mayo because that's all I had. I'll go with no-fat next time because I think it made the chicken not crisp up enough and it seemed like there was a lot of grease that ran off the chicken as it cooked.)
1/4 teaspoon tabasco
1-2 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
4-8 oz. Italian style panko break crumbs
6 each boneless skinless chicken thighs

Mix mayo, mustard, tabasco. Place chicken in mixture to coat. Remove chicken and dredge into breadcrumbs, covering in breadcrumbs on both sides place coated chicken on non-stick cookie sheet bake in 350 degree F oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Recipe from JOHN BESH

Family Rating:
Brad: ****
Jordan: ***
Eli: *****
Phoebe: ***** (She especially loved the "crust")
Overall Family Rating: 17/20

No comments:

Post a Comment