A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Asian Flank Steak Skewers

I made another flank steak skewer, but I think I like this one a little better. I grilled it inside on my grill pan and served it with veggie fried rice (both can be found HERE). Be sure to use reduced sodium soy sauce because I didn't and mine were a little salty. The kids called these "meat popsicles". 

Asian Flank Steak Skewers
1 1/2 lb. skirt steak
1 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
juice of 1 lime

Slice meat thinly against the grain. Place in a ziplock bag. Combine the rest of the ingredients and marinate overnight. Thread onto skewers (if using wooden ones, be sure to soak them for 30 minutes beforehand). Grill over medium heat about 5 minutes per side until done.

Adapted from SKINNY TASTE

Family Rating:
Brad: ***
Jordan: ***
Eli: *****
Phoebe: *****
Overall Family Rating: 16/20

No comments:

Post a Comment