A place to record the great, the good, and the really bad recipe served at dinner at The Taj McCall along with a Family Rating System.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quick Hamburger Soup

The day after we had CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE, I told Brad he could either stop at the store to get ingredients for this soup or he could eat cheeseburger casserole leftovers. He stopped at the store. It was perfect soup weather (wet and cool), but I needed one that would come together pretty quick since I didn't have time to simmer it all day or evening. I searched Pinterest and this is what I found.

Quick Hamburger Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup water
2-3 cloves garlic (I probably used 3 because that's just how I roll.)
32 oz. beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
15 oz. tomato sauce
1-2 cups small pasta (I used bowtie noodles because that's what Brad brought home.)
salt and pepper
1-2 tablespoons Italian seasonings

Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper over medium heat in a stock pot until beef is brown and veggies are tender. Drain. Season with salt and pepper. Pour back into pan. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and seasonings.  I didn't measure this. Just poured some into my palm and dumped it in. Bring to a boil. Taste to adjust seasonings. Stir in pasta. I'm not sure how much I used here, either. The original recipe called for 1 cup of pasta, but that didn't look like enough so I dumped in a little more. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is done.

Adapted from EAT AT HOME

Family Rating:
Brad: ****
Jordan: ***
Eli: *****
Phoebe: *****
Overall Family Rating: 17/20




No comments:

Post a Comment